Friday, April 18, 2008
servings : 2 adults
toordal : 1 small tumbler
drumstick : 1
onions : 3 small or 8 shallots/sambar onions
carrot : 1 small
bottle guard : small piece
ladies finger : 3
tamarind : blue berry sized
sambar powder : 1 1/2 tspn
salt : 1 1/2 tspn
chillypowder : 1/2tspn
jaggery :little bit
coriander leaves : 10strings
urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds : 1/4 tspn altogether
red chilly : 1
garlic cloves : 8
fresh methi leaves : few / fenugreek powder : a pinch
water : 1glass/ 250ml
oil : 2tspns
- First wash and soak toordal in water.
- chop drumsticks, carrot, ladies finger,onions ,tomato, bottleguard and all vegg in a bowl. after dal has soaked put these two bowls in cooker and boil it for 5 whistles.
- Heat a bowl and add oil,urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, redchilly, crushed garlic, methi leaves, curry leaves, boiled vegetables. Fry for 5 mins
- Now add half glass water . Add cooked dal and add remaining water.
- Now add tamarind pulp/juice ,salt, chilly powder, turmeric, sambar powder and coriander leaves.
- Let this boil for 10 mins and then switch off the stove. ur tasty sambar is ready to serve with rice, or with idly.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE FOR A SCALE OF 10.........
THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG,