Friday, April 18, 2008
servings :4 adults
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
Toordal : 1 small tumbler
ridge guard : 1
onion : 1
green chilly : 2
tamarind : 1 blue berry sized
urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn altogether
red chilly :2
curry leaves :10
garlic cloves :5
methi powder : little
salt : 2tspns
chillypowder : 1tspn
coriander leaves : 10 strings
- Wash toordal and pour water init to a level more than dal level.
- Peel the skin of ridge guard and cut into cubes, cut onions and greenchilly,
- In a bowl take chopped onion, ridgeguard, greenchillies,washed tamarind.
- Now in a cooker boil dal and vegetables
- Heat a pan add oil, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chilly, crushed garlic, curry leaves, methi powder, asafoetida.
- Now add salt, chillypowder, turmeric.(adding spices in oil gives good taste ,ofcourse they shouldnt be burned)
- Now add dal and coriander leaves. if required add little water. Boil for 5 mins and off the stove.
- ur tasty ridge guard dal is ready to serve with rice/ chapathi.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE FOR A SCALE OF 10............
THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG