Friday, April 18, 2008
This is a very simple recipe . u can do it and serve it in minutes . Better to do this recipe with leftover rice than fresh rice.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
Raw rice : 250 gms
Tomatoes : 6 big (they should be sour)
green chillies : 6
ginger garlic paste : 1 1/2 tspn
oil : 1tbspn
shajeera : 1/4 tspn
curry leaves :20
salt : 2tspns
garam masala powder : 1/4 tspn
coriander : handful
- If u have left over rice it is better. if not cook rice 1 hour before doing this by adding little salt and oil in water.
- After cooking cool it by transfering it in a big plate.Add 1 1/2 tspn salt.mix well.
- Chop tomatoes and greenchillies.
- For this recipe i prefer freshly grounded gingergarlic paste than preserved one.
- Heat a deep skillet and add oil, shajeera, greenchillies, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves.
- Now add whole chopped tomatoes. Mix well and put a lid on the skillet.
- While tomato is boiling add 1/2 tspn salt, garam masala powder and fresh chopped coriander.
- It should boil thoroughly.
- Now add cooked rice and mix well. when u feel that all the water content is gone then switchoff the stove till that u need to fry the tomato rice.
- ur simple and tasty tomato rice is ready to serve.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE FOR A SCALE OF 10.................
Labels: RICE DISHES