Monday, April 21, 2008
SERVINGS : 3 ADULTS
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
puffed rice / marmaralu : 200gms
onions : 3 big / 5 medium sized
tomatoes : 2 big / 4 small
curry leaves :10
coriander : half a handful.
urad dal, cumin seeds , mustard seeds : altogether 1 tspn
bengal gram : 1tspn
dry red chilly :2
oil : 2tbspn
salt : as per ur taste
ginger garlic paste :1tspn
garam masala powder : 2 pinches
turmeric : 1 tspn
- First take a big bowl and fill it with water . In it pour puffed rice ,wash it and squeeze water with ur hand and put it in a bowl. like this clean all puffed rice in 3 or 4 trips.
- In squeezed puffed rice add salt nearly 1 1/2 tspn and 1/2 tspn turmeric powder , mix well.
- Chop onions, greenchillies, potato, tomatoes.
- Heat a deep skillet and add oil, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chilly, bengal gram , green chillies and curry leaves. (Add all one by one ).
- Now add onions , ginger garlic paste , after 2 mins add potato. Put lid on it. Stir it in between .
- After potato is fully cooked add chopped tomatoes.
- When tomato is cooked add 1/2tspn salt, and 1/2 tspn turmeric , 2 pinches garam masala powder and mix well. chopped coriander and mix well.
- Now add puffed rice and mix well.
- Switchoff the stove when puffed rice gets heated.
- Ur tasty puffed rice upma is ready to serve .
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND RATE MY RECIPE FOR A SCALE OF 10...
THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG.
Labels: BREAK FAST