Saturday, April 19, 2008
I saw this recipe in http://sailurecipes.blogspot.com/ and i felt it is different and today i tried it. It cameout nicely and so i am sharing with u. Anyway thank u sailu for sharing such a different and a good recipe.
cabbage : lessthan 1/4th of a cabbage
shredded coconut : 3 tspns
green chillies : 2
garlic cloves :2
turmeric : a pinch
water : just more than one tumbler / 270ml
urad dal , cumin seeds, mustard seeds : 1/4 tspn altogether
red chilly :1
fresh methi leaves : few (optional)
curry leaves :10
coriander leaves : 10 strings
- First chop cabbage into small pieces ,it is better or big pieces .
- Take a bowl and put this chopped cabbage and add water , turmeric and salt.Mix well with hand.
- Boil it in cooker for 2 whistles.
- After it is cooled strain the cabbage and with your hand squeez the cabbage such that all the juice of cabbage is removed.
- dont waste that pulp do curry with that. it is best explained in http://www.sailusrecipes.blogspot.com/
- Meanwhile grind fresh coconut.
- Now heat a pan or bowl add one by one oil, cumin seeds, urad dal, broken red chilly, mustard seeds, crushed garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and methi leaves.
- Now add cabbage rasam to the seasoning . Add fresh shredded coconut and coriander leaves.
- Boil it fully for 10 mins .switchoff the stove.
- Ur cabbage rasam is ready to serve with rice.