Monday, January 25, 2010
Size : Appx 10 inch pizza
Serves : 2 -3 adults
For making dough:-
Maida / All purpose flour : 2 cups
Yeast : 1/2 tbspn
Sugar : 1/2 tspn
Salt : 1 tspn
Warm water : 1 cup
Olive oil : 2 tbspn
For dusting :-
Maida : 1 cup
Pizza Sauce :-
1/4 tin of pizza sauce
Onion : 1 small
Capsicum : 1/2
Pineapple : few chunks
Jalapeno : 1
Mushrooms : 5
Broccoli : 1/4 crown
- Take 2 cups of all purpose flour also called as maida in a big bowl. To this add salt and mix nicely.
- Take a bowl and add yeast , to this add 1 cup of warm water and sugar(Dont add hot water yeast will die) . Mix nicely and put aside for 10 mins .
- When yeast proofs then add 1tbspn olive oil to the flour and add yeast mixture . Mix nicely and finally add 1tbspn olive oil to the dough and give a good mix. The dough will be sticky so dont worry about it and it should be like that only. Cover the dough with a lid or wet damp cloth and put in a warm place for 1 hr.
- After that if u see the dough it will increase its size atleast double. Punch down the dough and mix nicely . cover it and put again in warm place for 45 mins. After the time elapse punch down the dough .
- Take 1/4 cup of flour on a flour board and take the dough on to the board and make a nice dough and roll it with rolling pin or you can directly spread the dough on the pizza pan. Before spreading pizza dough on the pan sprinkle little corn meal or dry flour s that it prevents the pizza base from sticking to the pan . Once done apply olive oil all over the base and edges. Take a fork and prick it allover.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F and after it is preheated put this pizza pan in oven and bake for 5 mins and take out.
- Now apply pizza sauce all over the base . I used Trader giotto's pizza sauce . You can use any brand or you can use fresh home made pizza sauce.
- Distribute toppings evenly all over the base.
- Sprinkle mozzarella grated cheese all over the vegetables.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the pizza and put the pan back in the oven.
- When cheese melts and turns light brownish color then switch off oven and pull out the pan carefully .
- Transfer pizza on to a chopping board and cut with a pizza cutter.
- Thought of showing the bottom side of the pizza that browned evenly.
- Serve delicious hot vegetable pizza .