Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Posted by MY WORLD OF RECIPES at 10:23 AM
This is a famous andhra dish done in all parts of Andhra pradesh . Andhra is famous for stuffed brinjals and there are numerous varities of stuffed brinjals and here is the recipe of famous vankaya kothimeera karam kura( coriander masala stuffed in baby brinjals) .
Serves : 3 adults
Baby brinjals : 8
Coriander leaves : 1 big bunch
Garlic : 1 big pod
Ginger : equalent piece of garlic
Coconut : 2 tbspn (fresh / frozen)
Green chillies : 4
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 tspn
Salt : 2 tspns
Oil : 2 Tbspns
- Wash brinjals and wipe them with cloth.
- Clean coriander leaves and chop it , you can even use the tender coriander stems . Chop ginger , garlic and green chillies.
- Grind ginger , garlic , green chillies , coconut , coriander leaves, cumin seeds and 1 & 1/2 tspn of salt to a fine paste. If required add few drops of water while grinding . Do not add more water , you can not stuff it .
- Put a plus slit on each brinjal on opposite side of the stem till half the length with the stem intact.
- Stuff this coriander mixture in brinjals . Stuff as much as u can.
- Heat a flat non stick pan , add oil and when hot add stuffed brinjals and saute them . Immediately add 1/2 tspn salt on brinjals . Mix it and cover with a lid.
- Fry brinjals till 3/4 th done and then add remaining coriander paste .
- Fry uncovered till brinjals are perfectly cooked and masala drys out. You can increase the flame to dry out the masala , stirring continuously without burning the bottom.
- Once done cover it with a lid and switch off stove and after 5 mins transfer it in to a serving bowl.
- Serve it with hot rice and ghee. Also goes good as a side dish for sambhar or dal . I even love to have it with curd.