Saturday, October 3, 2009
Preparing Stuffing /Filling:-
- Take 1 small cake of chinese noodles (hakka noodles) and brake them into small pieces and boil them in big pot of water and drain them . Pour cool water on them and again drain off the water. Put them in a bowl.
- Chop 2 carrots & equalent cabbage into fine juliens. Chop 1 big garlic pod and equalent ginger into fine pieces. Chop 1/4 cup of spring onions.
- Heat a pan /wok add 1tspn sesemam oil (add as less oil as possible) and when hot add ginger and garlic and fry for 2 mins.
- Next add carrot and cabbage and fry till half done .
- Add sufficient salt , pepper and MSG (optional). Mix them and fry for a minute.
- Next add 1 tspn soya sauce , 1/4 tspn vinegar , 1/4tspn chilly garlic sauce , sufficient salt and pinch of sugar .Mix them and fry nicely.
- Now add boiled noodles and spring onions and fry for 3 mins and switch off stove.
- With this our stuffing preparation is completed. Let this cool.
Rolling Spring Rolls:-
- Take spring roll sheets from freezer and thaw them as directed.
- Take no.of sheets u need and keep the rest in the freezer.
- Take a tbspn of maida /all purpose flour and add water to form a paste . Mix it with out any lumps. This works as a glue for sticking.
- Take a chopping board and place a spring roll sheet on that such that one corner faces u.
- Leaving 2 inches from that corner fill a tbspn of stuffing and make it compact.
- With your fingers rub the maida paste aound the circumfrence of the sheet as shown.
- Now fold the corner into the stuffing . Just tuck it.
- Now start folding the sheet from there tightly till u reach the other two corners . Now press the endings of stuffing flat .
- Close the two corners (right and left ) one above the other and stick them .
- Now again start rolling tightly till the end.
- With this rolling is completed . Repeat the same procedure for all other sheets.
- While you are rolling it is better to start heating oil for deep frying.
- Once u complete rolling and when oil reaches sufficient temperature drop the rolls one by one carefully.
- Fry them till golden brown .
- Once done take them out and drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup and enjoy hot hot home made vegetable spring rolls with ur family and friends.
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS