Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Broth : 2 cups ( u can use chicken broth or vegetable broth or any broth according to ur wish)
Egg : 1
Pepper : 1/4tspn
Garlic powder :1/4tspn or u can use 1/2 garlic pod pounded
Ginger : 1/4tspn crushed
Soya sauce : 1/4 tspn
Cornflour : 1Tbspn
Spring onions : few
- If u have a ready to use broth u can skip this step otherwise take 1 bullion( I used knorr chicken bullion) and melt in 2 cups of water and bring to boil . With this broth is ready.
- Break 1 egg in a bowl and beat till it foams and put it aside.
- Take a bowl add cornflour and add 3tbspns of water and mix nicely without any lumps and put it aside.
- Chop Spring onions finely and put it aside.
- In boiling broth add salt , pepper powder , garlic , ginger ,MSG, soya sauce and vinegar.
- When this boils fully slowly add cornflour paste stirring simultaneously. This cornflour acts as a thickening agent. Let this boil again for a couple of minutes.
- In boiling soup slowly add beaten egg stirring simultaneously.
- Let this boil for 3 mins . Switch off stove. With this egg drop soup is ready.
- Take 2 soup bowls and add few chopped spring onions in each of them.
- Pour hot soup on this spring onions . Because of pouring hot soup on spring onions they get litely cooked and at the same time they remain crunchy.
- Serve them hot and enjoy home made egg drop soup.