Thursday, July 23, 2009
- Chop 1 bunch of spinach , 1 big onion and 1 big tomato.
- Clean 1 lb of chicken and add 1 tspn lemon juice and 1/4 tspn turmeric.
- Blanch spinach , for that take a big bowl of water and bring it to boil and then add cleaned spinach and switch off stove after 3 mins . Strain the water and let spinach cool .
- Heat a pan add 1/2 tspn oil and fry onions till golden brown . Transfer them into another container and let it cool.
- Heat same pan add 1/2 tspn oil and fry tomato till mushy . Transfer it to the onion container and let it cool.
- Once after spinach , onion and tomato are cooled grind them together without adding any water.
- Heat a shallow pan add 2tbspns oil . when hot add 3 cloves , 3 cardamoms , 1" stick cinnamon and 2 chopped green chillies . Next add 1 tspn ginger garlic paste and fry till raw flavor reduces .
- Add chicken and fry gently till half done .(Till chicken oozes its water)
- Now add grinded palak paste and mix nicely.
- Immediately add 1 tspn salt , 1 tspn chilly powder , pinch of turmeric , 1/2 tspn coriander powder , pinch of cumin powder and 1/4 tspn garam masala powder . Mix nicely.
- Cook chicken in this gravy till done . (cook covered if not palak paste will spill on the stove)
- Finally sprinkle coriander leaves and switch off stove.
- After 5 mins add 1 tspn freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Serve this wonderful authentic delicacy either with roti or paratha or plain rice and enjoy.
Labels: CHICKEN RECIPES