Wednesday, March 4, 2009
- Wash 1/4kg chicken ( boned or boneless) with little salt and turmeric.
- Grind together 1/2tspn fennel seeds(saunf) , 1/2 tspn peppercorns, 1tspn coriander seeds, 3cloves , 1" cinnamon stick , little turmeric , 1tspn chilly powder , salt , 3 big garlic pods , 2 " ginger piece, 1tspn vinegar and little amount of water. Make it as a fine paste.
- Add this grinded paste to the washed chicken and mix nicely. Marinate this for 45 mins.
- Chop 1 onion and 1 tomato.
- After 45 mins has completed heat a wide mouth pan , add 2 tbspns oil , fry onions till they turn golden brown. Add pinch of turmeric .
- Next add chopped tomato. Fry it till it turns mushy .
- Now add marinated chicken. Mix nicely and put lid . if u are using boned chicken then add little amount of water , if u are using boneless no need to add water. When chicken is 3/4 done remove the lid and make it dry by increasing the flame little bit and stirring periodically.
- When it becomes dry add chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves . Fry for 2 mins and switchoff stove.
- Serve hot with rice / rotis with onions and lemon wedge.
Labels: CHICKEN RECIPES