Friday, March 20, 2009
Actually my mother in law prepares a wounderful chutney by name " pachi chintakaya pandiri dosakaya pachadi" . Pandiri dosakaya is one variety of cucumber which will be long in size , looks like green cucumber /keera but it is big in size with yellow and green mixed colour. She will chop cucumber into small pieces and adds some salt on it . After half an hour she will squeeze the juice from cucumber and then add that pieces to freshly grinded tamarind chutney . This will taste awesome but here i did not get pandiri dosakayalu , so i just did with yellow cucumber.
- Take 1 yellow cucumber , peelout its skin , deseed and cut into small pieces .
- Take 15 medium size tender tamarinds (adjust according to their sourness) ,wash them and cut them into pieces.
- Heat a pan and dry fry 3 heaped tablespoons of peanuts and when it cools remove the skin and transfer them to a mixcy container.
- Heat the same pan add 1 tspn oil , fry 7-8 green chillies , add 1 &1/2 tspn coriander seeds and 1 tspn cumin seeds . fry them for 2 mins and transfer them into same mixcy container.
- Heat the same pan add 2 tspns oil , do talimpu by adding 1/2 tspn urad dal , 2 broken dry red chillies , 1/2 tspn each cumin and mustard seeds , pinch of methi powder , sprinkle hing and add few curry leaves . Now add chopped cucumber pieces and fry for 5 mins and switchoff stove. ( i dont like to add raw cucumber to chutney so i just sauted them till half done and mixed with chutney . But according to actual procedure u need not fry u can just add raw cucumber pieces to grinded chutney, so its ur wish.)
- Grind the contents in the mixcy adding salt & 1/4 tspn turmeric .
- Once they are grinded add chopped tamarind pieces , 2 sprigs of coriander leaves & 1 garlic pod . Grind them nicely . If u want add little amount of water while grinding.
- Transfer grinded chutney to a bowl and now add cucumber & talimpu mixture to chutney and mix nicely.
- Serve this with hot rice and ghee and have a wounderful andhra meal.