Friday, March 6, 2009
- Take 1 big raw mango . Peelout its skin and wash it.
- Chop 1/2 of that mango into big chunks. Take a bowl and add chopped mango pieces , add little amount of water and boil it in cooker for 5 whistles.
- When pressure goes off ,take that bowl and mash the boiled mango pieces nicely . U can mash it with hands when it cools or u can use potato masher.
- Now add 250ml of water (adjust according to the sourness of mango) . Check the taste .
- Next add 1 tspn salt , 1/2 tspn sugar , 1 finely chopped raw onion , 5 sprigs of finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix all nicely and check the taste for salt , sweet and sourness. Adjust accordingly.
For Talimpu :-
- Heat a pan add 1tbspn oil , add 1/2 tspn urad dal , 3 dry red chillies , when urad dal slightly changing its colour at that time add 1/2 tspn cumin seeds , 1/4 tspn mustard seeds , 2 crushed small garlic pods , 4 small green chillies finely chopped , pinch of fenugreek powder , sprinkle little bit of asafoetida , 1/4 tspn turmeric and 2 sprigs of curry leaves. Switch off stove.
- Add above seasoning to mango rasam and mix nicely.
- Let it stand for atleast 30 mins and serve it with hot rice and plain dal .