Wednesday, July 2, 2008
FOR PREPARING BAJI :-
- Chop 1 potato, 1 carrot, 10 french beans , 1 small capsicum , 4-5 florets of cauliflower , 2 green chillies .
- In cooker boil chopped vegetables along with 1/2 cup of green peas , little salt , pinch of garam masala powder , 1/2 glass of water.
- Take a wide pan add butter , add 1/4 tspn cumin seeds , when they splutter add 1 medium sized finely chopped onion , when it turns golden add 1 tspn ginger garlic paste , 1/4 tspn turmeric.
- If u want u can add green chillies here (optional) .
- Add 2 finely chopped medium sized tomatoes.
- Add 1tbspn coriander powder , 1/2 tspn fennel powder (saunf) , 1/2 tspn Amchoor powder , Add little amount of water and now stir nicely.
- Add 1tspn kasoori methi , pinch of garam masala powder , 1/2 tspn chilly powder , pinch of ground pepper. Mix all nicely.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida and required amount of salt.
- When tomatoes r perfectly cooked add boiled vegetables. (Dont throw the strained water ).
- Mash the contents in the pan using a potato masher .
- Now add urstrained water as much as ur required consistency comes.
- Add little more butter and add pinch of red colour mixed in water.
- Serve hot.
ROASTING PAVS :-
- Take pav buns (u can get them from stores) Cut them into 2 pieces. i.e in each piece u have 2.
- In each half divide them or cut them horizontally till 3/4th.
- Repeat this for all buns.
- Heat a dosa pan add butter . now take a bun and put it on pan and roast it little till it turns golden.
- Now reverse the side (upper side) and roast this side .
- Serve this hot buns and hot bhaji along with finely chopped onions and quartered lemon pieces.
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS