Wednesday, June 11, 2008

AVAKKAI ANNAM THALIMPU









This recipe is to be done with leftover rice. This is one of my mother-in-laws recipes.

INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :-

Left over rice

mamidikaya avakkai

salt : 1/4 tspn

onions :2

FOR SEASONING :-

oil : 2 tspns

urad dal : 1 tspn

dry red chilly : 1

bengal gram : 1 tbspn

cumin seeds : 1/2tspn

mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn

curry leaves : 10

PREPARATION :-

  • If u have leftover rice and if u like to eat something spicy then start this recipe. If u have last year avakkai dont waste it u can use it like this.

  • Take leftover rice.

  • To this add sufficient avakkai and mix well. (mix according to ur required sicyness).

  • Now heat a kadai add oil and do seasoning by adding all the ingredients under subtitle "for seasoning" one after another.

  • Now add chopped onions and little salt .

  • When they r done add avakkai annam and mix well.

  • Heat till rice becomes hot.

  • Serve hot.

PLEASE LEAVE UR COMMENT.

THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG ,

PREETHI RAM.

5 Comments:

  1. sri said...
    Hi
    Really interesting recipe.. pics are mouth watering.. nothing beats avakai annam.. will try today. Thanks
    MY WORLD OF RECIPES said...
    hi sri, ya this is simple to do also but have it when it is hot. if u have time u can add vegetables also just like fried rice.
    bye,
    preethi.
    Anonymous said...
    Dear preethi,
    ur site is really verymuch useful for newly married people like me to impress husbands with new varities :)(The fastest way to a mans heart is through his stomach ).now i am able to say i know every dish my husband asks me to make ;)i loved ur site.thanks a lotttttttttttt
    Rupa Gupta said...
    Hi Preeti,
    Good to see this recipe....Infact, from my mother in law, I learnt 'Thalimpu Annam' and that's one of my favourites! I am trying this recipe today....Sounds Yummy to me! Anyways, I tried many of your recipes like thali masala roti, raagi rotte, capcicum masala rice and so on.... Believe me! They got best comments! Its really useful for newly weds like me! Thank you and keep updating with new and variety ones! Keep up the Good work!
    M.V. said...
    Avakkai Annam Thalimpu is a unique dish that I never saw any where else and quite mouth watering.. very nice blog.. I wish you work on the blog template too to present this more beautiful. not that it is less interesting.. Just to make it more interesting.

Post a Comment