Tuesday, May 6, 2008
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
Toor dal : 1 small tea glass full
bottle guard : 1 small piecs / 1/8 of a big one
onions : 3 small / 6 shallots
green chillies :2
tamarind : blue berry size
oil : 2 tspns
urad dal , cumin seeds , mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn altogether
dry red chilly : 1
curry leaves : 10
asafoetida : little
jaggery : 1 big lemon sized piece
salt : 2 tspns
water : 250 ml
turmeric : little
coriander leaves : 10 strigs.
- First boil toordal nicely in cooker.
- Wash and soak tamarind in water.
- Chop bottle guard , drumstick , onions and green chillies.
- Heat a pan add oil , urad dal , cumin seeds , mustard seeds , green chillies , curry leaves , asafoetida , onions , drumsticks and bottle guard pieces. fry them for 2 mins.
- They doesnt need to fry completely . Add tamarind juice , jaggery , salt , turmeric . All the pieces should boil in these mixture so that pieces will have a good taste.
- Take a bowl that well suits ur first bowl , fill water in it and place it on the first bowl (aviri mutha) , doing like this will boil ur vegetables soon and uniformly.
- After vegetables are boiled add water and dal. mix well.
- Let it boil fully . check the taste it should give sour , sweet , little spicyness.
- Finally add coriander and switchoff the stove.
- Ur tasty theepi pappu charu / sweet dal rasam is ready to serve with rice.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND RATE MY RECIPE FOR A SCALE OF 10.
THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG ,