Saturday, April 19, 2008
This is my mom's recipe. This is my dad's favourite dish. Normally we prepare this dish either for dinner or for morning breakfast. On that day we feel it as a feast day.Now i like to share this dish with u.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
I am telling this recipe for 1 tumbler/ 25oml which can serve for 2 people as a main dish.
Rice : 3/4 of a tumbler
Toordal :1/4 of a tumbler
onions : small one 4 . / shallots 8
potato : 1 small
carrot : 1 medium
greenchillies : 5
coriander leaves : 10 strings
urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds : altogether 1/4tspn
dry red chilly :1
oil : 1tbspn
cloves / lavanga :3
ginger garlic paste : 1tspn
salt : 2tspns
water : 2 tumblers.
- First wash and soak rice and toordal together in a bowl. U can see it in above pic.
- chop all the vegetables as i did.
- Heat a pan add oil, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chilly, cloves, greenchilly , ginger garlic paste .
- Now add onions, after two mins add all the vegetables except tomato.
- When u feel vegetables r half done add chopped tomato . When tomato is half cooked add 2 tumblers of water.Put flame in medium high.
- Add 2tspns salt. When it boils fully add soaked & drained ricedal.
- mixwell , add chopped coriander leaves and close with a lid.
- In between also mix well. when it is yet to complete dont try to stir it. u can see that stage in picture.
- Finally when rice is done put flame in sim and after 5 mins . switchoff the stove.
- Donot open the lid for 15 mins. after 15 mins u can have colourful and tasty dal rice with any pickle.
- Our normal and best combination is with a drop of ghee and few drops of lemon juice.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE FOR A SCALE OF 10.......
THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG,
Labels: RICE DISHES