Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Serves : 2 Adults
Heat Variation :- Cook whole process putting flame in medium heat.
Basmathi rice : 2 rice cooker cups
Onion :1 big
Green chillies : 5
Mint leaves : leaves of 5 sprigs
Coriander leaves : 5 sprigs
Whole garam masalas : ( cloves :3 ,cardamoms :3 , cinnamon stick :
2" piece , bay leaves :2 )
Ginger garlic paste : 1/2 tspn
Turmeric : 1/4tspn
Coriander powder : 1/2tspn
Garam masala powder : 1/4 tspn
- Take 2 rice cooker cups of basmathi rice into electric cooker bowl , wash it and add 3 cups of water . Let this soak for 10 mins . Next add 1/4 tspn turmeric , 1tspn salt and few drops of oil to soaked rice and cook it . Immediately takeout the plug once it reaches 'WARM' mode . After 10 mins take out the lid , Mix rice from the bottom and cool it . (U can make this fried rice with left over rice also . If u have leftover rice skip this step . Just add sufficient salt and turmeric to left over rice and mix well.)
- Chop 1 onion, 1 tomato , 5 green chillies , mint and coriander leaves . Take 3 eggs out and put ready everything .
- Heat a wok or wide mouth pan , add 2 Tbspns oil and when hot add whole garam masalas and fry for a minute.
- Next add green chillies and when they turn white add onions and fry till golden brown. Then add ginger garlic paste , pinch of turmeric and mint leaves.
- Next add tomato and fry till mushy .
- Add coriander powder , garam masala powder , 1/2 tspn salt and mix nicely.
- Now break 3 eggs and scramble them. Next add coriander leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add cooked rice or leftover rice and mix well . Put lid.
- When it turns hot switch off stove and take the lid out only after 5 mins . (If u want it to be little tangy u can squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon after switching off the stove . But usually we dont add lemon juice )
- Enjoy hot hot spicy Andhra egg fried rice . Serve it with sherva or any choice of ur curry.
Labels: RICE DISHES