Sunday, May 11, 2008
SERVES : 5-6 ADULTS
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :-
Chicken : 1 kg
Basmati rice : 2 & 1/2 glasses ( 1 glass = 250 ml quantity )
ghee and oil : nearly half cup (u can use full ghee also)
green chillies : 16
onions :4 medium
ginger garlic paste : 100gms
mint leaves , coriander leaves : each 1/2 a handful
sour curd : 1 laadle full / 1 /2 a small tea glass
salt : 5 tspns (adjust according to ur taste)
coconut milk : 1& 1/2 glass ( make with 1 big coconut )
WHOLE GARAM MASALAS :
cinnamon sticks : 5 ( each 1 inch size)
star anise : 5
nut mug : little
japatri : 5
anasa puvvu : 5
bay leaves :5
- Chop onions , tomatoes and green chillies . Extract coconut milk .( u can see my how to prepare coconut milk)
- Heat a big thick bottomed vessel and add ghee and oil , add whole garam masalas.
- Next add green chillies , onions and fry well.
- Add ginger garlic paste , fry till it looses rawness.
- Next add half of ur mint leaves and coriander leaves and fry well for 2 mins .
- Now add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- After tomatoes r boiled add washed chicken pieces , curd and salt . Mix them well and boil till chicken is fully cooked or till chicken oozes water.
- After chicken is boiled add just washed and strained basmati rice and mix well.
- After 2 mins add 1 & 1/2 glass coconut milk and 1 & 3/4 normal water and mix well.
- Add remaining half mint leaves and coriander leaves , mix well and put a lid.
- When rice is 3/4 cooked roll a wet kitchen towel around the lid , just as how i did and put some weight on it (like dosa pan )
- Put the flame in sim (low flame ).
- After 15 mins check whether rice is fully cooked or not , if so just switchoff the stove and put the lid.
- Serve after 10 mins with mirchi ka salan / sherwa , onion raitha.
Labels: CHICKEN RECIPES